Friday, May 17, 2013

Sick Day(s)

5-16 Sick


My mom says you don’t remember all the sick days.  Which, of course, doesn’t explain why I know that I crept into Mom’s bed when I was 18 months old, laid down facing her and then projectile vomited on her.  Believe me, it’s not my own memory!  Smile

 

But the good news of having Wesley in Piper’s preschool class now is balanced by him bringing home a stomach bug that each kid got this week. Wesley came down with it Tuesday night at dinner time.  Kyla and Piper got it in the middle of the night the next day (alternating retching every 30 minutes or s0 until 6am) and then they were all sick until Piper’s last incident this morning. 

Upside:   1. I am so grateful I didn’t get sick (it feels like extraordinary grace).  2.  All major surfaces in house, by necessity, are now sanitized, steamed, scrubbed, and/or shampooed.

Downside:  After one of the times I was vomited on, I threw my clothes in the laundry without checking the pockets, and now I do not have a working cell phone. 

We just need to catch up on some sleep and get me a cell phone of craigslist, and we will call this week…

DONE (and hopefully forgotten).

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Glad that you are all in one piece now! And I hope you can get a new cell phone soon!