Monday, April 30, 2012

Wicked Witch

Our top story today comes from Kyla, who is the very essence of the picky eater I did not raise her to be.  Today, I served deli-sliced turkey rolled up around shredded cheddar, warmed it up, and called it a turkey taco.  Kyla unrolled hers, declared she did not like this meat and would only eat the cheese.  I asked her to try the meat, and she took her infamous miniscule bite.  And then another. And another.  Then declared, “Mama, I do like this.” 

I don’t think this will ever happen again, so I needed to record it.

* * * * * *

shed 007This afternoon, Kyla and Piper were playing outside, and came running up to me saying excitedly, “Mama, you’re the wicked queen and you are our mother!”  I whole-heartedly agreed with both statements (it had been a rough day, Wesley-wise, and I hadn’t even to the worst of it yet, I discovered later) and my wicked princesses informed me that they were making a trap for Captain Hook.  I asked if they wanted to help me make granola bars.  Piper’s response?  “OH, YES!  Let’s make poisoned granola bars!!” 

 

shed 005We went inside and I told her that I didn’t think I had poisonous bananas, and she carefully explained that some bananas were poisonous and some weren’t, and she could tell the difference.  She found a banana, black from the freezer, and declared it poisoned.  Everything we added, except the chocolate chips was poisonous, it turns out. 

 

 

Sorry, Rochelle.  Did I not tell you that before I cut an extra-big piece for you?

shed 006

The girls’ “wicked” faces!

No comments: