Monday, April 16, 2012

Operation: Hawaii (III) Side Trip

After nine years of new and various leaks, most of the water damage was on our bedroom ceiling.   While Dwayne and Jim pulled out carpet and flooring, I worked on our bedroom. 

We can all thank Jim for this lovely picture.

remodel 001

The popcorn all had to be removed.  Then I applied Killz to the stained areas.  To texture the ceiling without using a machine or a dozen cans of spray, I mixed texture into the first  coat.  It was really heavy and took over a gallon of paint just for the first coat, but the textured look is good enough to not be noticed at all.  It gets one more regular coat this morning, and then I start working on the walls.  They need to be repainted (I can’t repaint a ceiling and leave the walls unaffected).  I’m choosing a soft gray-blue and will hopefully have two coats on today, after I finish the ceiling and wash the walls.  

remodel 009

No comments: