Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Project: Hawaii (VI)

Dwayne and I were productive today, but I’m going to give the contractor a thumbs down for Wednesday.  The insulation was installed today, but nothing else, so I don’t know how everything is going to be put together by Sunday when the kids come home.  I don’t ask that everyone work as long as I do…but this project would be done tomorrow if they did.  Grrr.

Today’s accomplishment.

Remodel 3 011

 

But the good news is that I used my first nail gun today!   Jim brought his over and showed me how to use it.  I’ve painted our bedroom a gorgeous blue-gray.  (A house on the Street of Dreams from several years ago inspired this color in the master bedroom.)   And it pops against white trim.  I used the old “crown molding” to create a few frames around the room.  I love it...the framing and the nail gun!  Jim’s letting me keep it to finish up the new crown molding I’m putting up tomorrow.

Remodel 3 008

Kyla, the framed “mirror” above our bed is the magnetic board I told you about.  You can hang art work here to help decorate our room! 

Remodel 3 010

 

It’s girly, but how cute is this frame?  That is my wedding bouquet.  It’s seen better days.  Say almost 10 years ago…. But see what I mean about the color popping?  Tomorrow comes the ceiling molding.  

Remodel 3 009

 

Dwayne started a woodshed today.  He’s got three walls done.  It has windows.  I hate to say it, but we’re going to have a cute woodshed.  Remodel 3 007

No comments: