Saturday, December 5, 2015

Awesome Whidbey Island at Christmas


It was raining, it was cold, it was gray.  And it was the Langley Christmas parade.  So of course I went!  I was able to talk Wesley and Piper into coming with me, but Kyla and Aubrey stayed behind in the cozy cabin.  They missed out!

12-5 Langley Christmas parade 1

I love the exterior (and interior, if I’m to be honest) of the Saratoga Inn. 

 

12-5 Langley Christmas parade 2

 

It was a small parade—girl scouts, marital arts, and a pony.

12-5 Langley Christmas parade 3

 

Piper grabbed her Santa hat and American flag, but is probably still kicking herself for not having more and deeper pockets.  Again, for all the candy.

12-5 Langley Christmas parade 7

 

But Santa showed up, and if I say it was on the back of the ambulance, don’t feel worried about his health.  Those aren’t real raindeer and they needed the help.

12-5 Langley Christmas parade 4

12-5 Langley Christmas parade 5

 

Next to Santa, and lots and lots of candy, I loved the bagpipes the best.  I actually loved seeing our friends down at the parade best, but the bagpipes were amazing.

12-5 Langley Christmas parade 6

 

And to top off the parade, the rain ended and a rainbow appeared. 

12-5 Langley Christmas parade 8

 

See, it’s always better on the island. 

No comments: