Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The First Day of School

360

 

Hey, I’m working on my emotional depth.  I think I’m improving.

Other parents: Oh, my [1st, 2nd, 3rd, last] child is starting school today.  I feel a little bit sad and nostalgic.

Me: {sob] I still have one more at home!  For two. More. Years. WAH!

 

354This brand new kindergartener should have a wanted poster around her picture.  I kid you not, Piper laid down on the classroom rug, declared Kindergarten to be “boring”, and chose to spend part of her half-day in the office instead of joining her classmates in first day activities.

Just one more story for the Piper legend.

    

 

358I think Kyla is trying to hug me  as we struggle to get out of the house.  That’s my best explanation for this pose. 

The night before, I helped each girl pick out her school outfit.  The next morning, they were both dressed in something  completely different, and neither matched.  They also both decided to do their own hair.  Let’s just say they can both stand out in a crowd….

Coordinated outfits notwithstanding, it might be a long year. 

No comments: