Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Momastry

My favorite go-to blog is http://momastery.com/blog/. I’ve read her book, Carry On, Warrior, aloud to my family, and she actually makes me want to give up writing (even though I really just write an annual Christmas letter) because she is so good and says everything I want to say better while making me wet my pants.  Who can compete with that?  And, she might even be more liberal than I am, and there are very few published Christians I can say that about.  I love Momastry. 

Today’s post gave me my new mantra, “I am Suzanne” (click here to read in full, but check your diapers first).

But here’s the real gem of today’s wisdom:

This summer, twelve minutes into the first day of summer- Craig walked into the kitchen and two of my three kids were crying and we’d already run out of fun summer activities. In twelve minutes. And so I looked at Craig and said, “You know what is so much better than just like summer camp? ACTUAL SUMMER CAMP.”

I know they say money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy ACTUAL SUMMER CAMP and after a week I was unable to detect any difference.

 

Here’s how it applies to my life:

I know they say money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy SEVERAL PRESCHOOLS and after a week I was unable to detect any difference.

Wesley goes to two preschools:  Monday & Friday morning at one (while I volunteer at the girls’ school), and Mon-Thursday afternoons at a Montessori, with Piper, after she is done with morning Kindergarten. 

On any given day, this means anywhere from 2-3 drop off times, and 3-4 pick up times.  It also means 2.5 hours a day all to myself. Between this and some supplements my voo-doo doctor put me on, I’m a pretty happy mama.  And even a content Denise. 

 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yep, I have 3.5-4 glorious hours a week until next year when I'll have to find something to do as all 3 will be in school full-time (we switch to full-time junior Kindergarten next year) so Valerie will be in JK, Henri in 1st and Carter in 4th. All next door and they'll walk themselves to and from school. I may have to find a hobby. Or a job. Or remodel my kitchen.