Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Trout Fishing...With Glee!


We only had one full day at the Peace Lodge, and Piper and Wesley really, really, really wanted to C-N-R (catch, name, and release) fish.  They spent a few hours in the afternoon torturing fish while I read in the sunshine.





 

 

Wesley gave up swimming (in the cold-ish) pool to join in the fishing expedition. The fishing guy baited the hooks with puppy chow pellets.  When the kids' lines hit the water, the guide threw a handful of pellets in the water near the line so the trout would start snapping at the food and maybe accidently get hooked.  It wasn't very sporting, and I can't justify the pleasure I got watching my youngers get a nibble...but I took a lot of pictures!  







I liked how the trout pool and swimming pool were next to each other (and the hot tub was set into the trout pond).  It was so picturesque and Wesley was able to bounce between swimming and fishing.  Kyla had no problem just enjoying the pool and waterfalls. 

Dwayne gives you a sense of how cold it felt (when one expected bath water).

  




No comments: