Monday, February 4, 2019

Snowpocalypse I: Day 1








On Saturday, Kyla brought me the first bouquet from the garden. 


On Sunday, it started snowing. 





On Monday, we woke up to this:


So, so beautiful!  Today was one of my favorite days, period (in spite of a second period in 10 days, TMI).  The house always looks a little eerie with the skylights covered, but extra light reflecting off the snow into all the other windows. 



I moved my little desk in front of the window overlooking the backyard, and actually got a little work done.  We had walked over to friend's house, and left the 10 year old girls there and took the middle school girls back to our house.  The snow was so light and fluffy, and not conducive at all to snowballs....or even sledding!  That didn't stop the kids though.  They made paths through the orchard and probably hit about every tree they could...and at least one I didn't think they could.









The day ended even more beautifully than it began.  Thanks Mother Nature!  





No comments: