Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wesley is 18 months….Life’s a Beach

Wesley turned 1 1/2 years old today and since we are at Ocean Shores, we celebrated by going to the beach.  It was a bit convenient, I admit.

Wesley and Water.  He loves it, though the waves did, for the first time, give him a healthy respect for the power and danger of water.  Jumping into the pool and needing a lifeguard to rescue him (a story I probably will never go into, thank you very much) didn’t do that for him.  But high tide did.

7-18 Wesley

 

I had forgotten my camera so I had to make do with the phone.  I wanted to capture the fun somehow!

7-18 Wesley beach

 

He got his pants soaked through the first minute he was near the water.  My brothers might uncharitably, but truthfully, mutter under their breaths “just like his mother.”

7-18 Wes

 

Kyla loved making sand castles!  Or at least, dumping water over things.

7-19 Kyla beach

 

I got out our kite and the kids all got turns flying it.

7-18 Kyla kite7-18 Piper Kite

 

While Wesley was napping this morning, I took Kyla and Piper to another part of the beach.  These girls are so fun!  It must be genetic, because in spite of our best intentions on this gray, drizzly day, we all got wet in the waves. 

Fortified with a few pieces of saltwater taffy, we built more sand castles. I love these kids!

7-19 Kyla sand castle7-19 Piper sand castle

No comments: