Monday, July 4, 2011

My Wall

Dwayne spent his four-day weekend working on the walls, which is probably why by Sunday, he thought  I could build them and he could be my assistant.  Funny, I still got full charge of the kids with that promotion.

But by Monday evening, the two small retaining walls he started last summer were completed.  (“Complete” in this context means “all done except for the last few caps we need to buy at Home Depot”).  There’s not one particular thing about this project that is difficult, except carrying the blocks from the old wall uphill to the new wall, but I was weary when I was done.  But there are few things better than another project checked off, and now I have better garden space for next year.

7-4 wall 3

 

This is how the new walls fit into the new big wall/staircase Dwayne had done this summer.   The bottom three rows of the big brick are actually staggered stairs, not a single wall.

7-4 wall 5

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, that one went up fast! Dwayne should have you help more often (I'm sure the kids are fine on their own). So now he's done for the summer, right?

Dwayne and Denise Need said...

Ha! You crack me up! Done! What does that mean? Ha! Ha!

Denise