Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dwayne’s Not the Only Wall Builder!

After a dump run, we only had a few scraps of wood to build a frame for a small concrete retaining wall I wanted to build around an outdoor faucet we have.
I’d actually like to blame the lack of supplies on the handy work, but I could have all of McLendon’s at my disposal and still would have created something similar to this Frankenstein-ian frame.
011

I’ve never built a frame (um, clearly) or used concrete before, but Dwayne can’t have all the fun.  This is my two-wall frame.
012

And here it is filled with concrete.  I hope to blog tomorrow about how it turned out!  Actually, I hope to blog tomorrow that it did turn out.
013
(Kyla decorated the blocks with chalk for a more appealing construction site.)

But no matter how well my little project turns out, it won’t be able to hold its head up high at a party with Dwayne’s latest (and on-going) projects. He did all but four bricks of this today.  He’s building a wall down on part of our garden and then following a set stairs next to it.
017
021
022

No comments: