Monday, May 2, 2011

The Cleanest Spot in Our House

5-2-11 Mother's Day tea 066

This is a picture of the cleanest spot in my house.  Somebody (um, me) thought that the kids would get into the just-opened gallon-sized bubbles if I left them on the front deck where they were playing.  So I brought them inside.  And after they went to bed, Dwayne found a wet spot about a foot in diameter.  Almost half of the bottle had spilled/been poured onto the carpet. 

After about 1.5 hours over two days of shampooing the same spot with just hot water, I finally got out most of the bubble solution. 

Like you, I wouldn’t be shocked if Piper, in another effort to do something completely independently and unsupervised, was behind this little to-do list detour. 

 

*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *

In other news today, Wesley learned how to climb out of his crib for the first time.  Well, first time with the side fully up.  He hasn’t yet learned to land the dismount.  In fact, I was just in Piper’s room when I heard a thud.  I almost made it into his room before the crying started.  He landed a full 3 feet away from his crib, which suggests, to me, an attempt at flight.

I haven’t decided if I should just leave the side down so he won’t fall as far and he can learn to get out more gracefully, or if I should go on as if this was a fluke.  As if a child of Dwayne’s wouldn’t really try to climb out of his crib at 15 months.  Hmm, we did have to move Kyla to a big girl bed by 17 months.  Piper just learned how to get in and out pretty well on her own.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Just a warning - JT broke his arm climbing out of his crib. It was the very first time he'd done it, and he jumped and fell. I heard the thud and cry and came running - never had heard a cry like that before. I heard it again when he broke his leg, though.

JT moved into a toddler bed once his cast was off. He was older (had just turned 2), but I didn't want to take any more risks and doctors tend to look at you funny when you haven't removed the hazard that caused the injury.

Unknown said...

I think I shared with you this morning 'tis the season for bubbles everywhere.

As soon as the boys figured out how to leave the crib, I started bed shopping. Valerie is now 9 months old and I FINALLY dropped her crib mattress one notch and removed the bumper...