Monday, October 4, 2010

Satan’s Handmaiden

By tomorrow, I probably won’t mean this, but it was quite the afternoon/evening with Piper.

Piper is the undisciplinable child.  She is so darn cheerful that there is little we can do in the way of consequences that has any effect on her. 

Today she got so good at taking off her door handle (the slippy child-proof cover that keeps children from opening doors) that she could remove it faster than I could put it on.  After no nap and doing  at least one hundred things that drove me crazy, including picking up her baby brother and then dropping him… IN THE BATHTUB, I put her to bed an hour early.  But I couldn’t keep her there.  Here was my solution.

I had to add the second box after I caught her back in the bathroom, back in the bathtub while my back was turned.

I suspect this blockade only worked because she was exhausted and lost consciousness before she could regroup.

10-4 Kids 028

 

So I took the camera around to capture the reasons I even have children.

Here’s reason #1:

10-4 Kids 030

Reason #2:

10-4 Kids 031

 

And fine. Reason #3:

10-4 Kids 033

 

And here she is the evening before with her current favorite person, Uncle Keith, Aunt Julie and Parker.10-4 Kids 01810-4 Kids 01910-4 Kids 021

Oh, isn’t that sweet?!  She’s not trying to drown her cousin. 

This is a good moment, too.

10-4 Kids 026

 

In about 7 hours, we’re going to have a fresh start, baby.  Time for me to go to bed.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Haaahaaahaa!!! Loooove it!!!!