Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lost & Found: Kyla’s Manners

10-6 Kyla 2NOTE:  I was out for an evening of fun and education with my girlfriends while Dwayne had all three kids.  He told me this story when I got home and then later wrote it down for his mother. ~Denise

 

        *                *                  *

Kyla & Piper have been really cute lately.  I have a funny story about Kyla.  She was having really bad manners one evening – getting up & down from her chair, leaving the table without being excused, not 10-6 Kyla 3eating her food, etc.  I corrected her several times, then – unexpectedly! – she spit at me.  Now, she failed to actually spit on me because she doesn’t know how and all she managed to do was dribble spit down her pajamas. [Editor’s note:  She spits like her mother.]  But this is, of course, wildly inappropriate behavior so I sternly sent her to her room without dinner.  She cried for a while, then I went in to discuss the situation with her.  Through tears she explained that she had lost her good manners.  I asked her where she had lost them.  S10-6 Kyla 1he said maybe they were under her bed.  So I asked her to go look.  She crawls under her bed and I hear this muffled exclamation “Oh! Here they are!  Look daddy, I found my good manners.”  After that she was an angel for the rest of the night.  There are times my daughters melt my heart.

1 comment:

Erin said...

My husband once asked my oldest where his manners were, to which he replied, "on vacation"