Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 4: The Afternoon

DSCN0611In the middle of the afternoon, I asked Dwayne what could make life better right now, as I couldn’t come up with anything.  Dwayne suggested having Wesley curled up sound asleep on my lap might do it.  If he was truly sound asleep, I would agree; otherwise, he gropes and kicks and squirms. 

 

 

 

 

So I had to settle for a 99.8% perfect afternoon, eating lunch on the sun deck as we sailed through the Wachau area of the Danube, finally getting all the lounge chair views of castles, churches, villages, ruins, and vineyards to sate even a Yankee.

DSCN0619

 

I’ll let the pictures communicate the rest. And yes, children, I do want to take you all next time. 

DSCN0625 

 DSCN0632 

 

Piper, this one is for you.  On the roof line, can you spot the 7 rabbits?  There doesn’t seem to be any known legend behind them, but they are fascinating.

  rabbits zoom out

Upon a closer examination, they look less like bunnies. Now I am further intrigued….

DSCN0641

DSCN0635 DSCN0646

DSCN0655

 

The town of Durnstein is considered the Pearl of Wachau and is now on my ever-growing list of places to visit later.

DSCN0659


And one last glimpse of a distant abbey before we reach another set of locks and a storm cloud.

DSCN0669

No comments: