Thursday, December 13, 2018

Wesley vs. Books

I won’t go into all the gruesome details but Wesley has been spending a lot of time in the red zone (angry,  frustrated, fuming) lately. We’re trying two things, starting today, but in the meantime, here’s a related story.

Wesley usually sleeps with Kyla, as he’s a kid who doesn’t sleep well on his own. But he makes a lot of demands on Kyla (no light! no reading! not that story!), so she understandably kicks him out sometimes.  This particularly time (and he was being extra grouchy), he accused her of liking books more than liking him.  She didn’t respond.  He got into as much as a fight as you can being one-sided and all, and stormed off to his bedroom, leaving this note in front of her door. 

12-14 You hrt my feelings wesley

Dwyane found it and brought it to me, explaining Wesley’s side. Then he looked at me more closely, and commented that I probably thought that liking a book more than a person was a reasonable thing. Like Kyla, I didn’t answer.  Just picked up my book and started reading, while ruing my children’s awful spelling.

No comments: