Saturday, January 19, 2013

Two Year Old No More

By the calendar, Wesley turned 3 yesterday, but it was more convenient have his birthday today.

We began by taking our first trip to the local roller rink.  I’ve always loved roller blading and the kids all have their own skates, thanks to Santa.

Smart phones and disco lights do not produce good snapshots, but here’s proof of our being there.  Towards the end, even Wesley was skating on his own, loving being able to skate towards me on the rink!1-19 skating 11-19 skating 3

1-19 skating 21-19 skating 4

 

We went to Gramma and Papa’s new house to have a family party.  Wesley wanted his menu to include dinosaur, but he got salmon instead.

Wesley's Birthday 052

 

But his wish came through on his cake!  I asked Julie if she would make the birthday cake (chocolate!!) if I took her kids as often as I could. She rocked the cake, though she disagrees.  Check it out:  dinosaurs and candy bars.  And it was yummy!Wesley's Birthday 045

 

Wesley's Birthday 051

 

Dinosaurs aplenty, Dinosaurs galore!  I found this cute hoodie for him.  He loves it.  Happy Birthday, Wesley!  I’ll try not to sell you this year.

Wesley's Birthday 082

No comments: