Monday, January 28, 2013

Big News for Me!

Bucket Head is fully potty-trained!

006

And he’s trained, not me.  In fact, if I ever ask him if he has to go, it’s more likely to start a power struggle that I am going to lose.  It’s taken me a month,  but now that I’ve stopped asking, he takes care of everything himself.  He’ll be in pull-ups at night for a while yet, probably, but since he sleeps for almost 12 hours a night, I am more than okay with that.

I’ve been diapering kids for over 6 years now, and for a  few months after Wesley was born, I had three kids in diapers.  (The girls pooped trained  on their own, but were very relunctant to give up diapers.  Fine with me—easier to change wet diapers at my convenience than to potty train while nursing a newborn!) So other than still needing to remind all three kids to wash their hands, I am totally done with diapers.  And no, those 6+ years did not fly by.

Time to sell some cloth diapers on Craigslist!

*    *   *   *   *   *   *

And just a few gender-musings.  Wesley talked much earlier than his sisters and potty-trained about a year to a year-and-a-half earlier than Piper or Kyla.  But he will probably be sucking those two fingers when he studying for the SATs. 

No comments: