Friday, December 16, 2011

Water Off a Duck’s Back: Wes’s Messes

003Have I mentioned that Wesley is almost two?!  Two-year-olds have a well-deserved reputation for being terrible.  Or trouble.  Usually both.

Two days ago, I gave Wesley some yogurt after his bath while I brushed the girls’ teeth.  When I came back into the kitchen, Wesley had climbed up onto the counter, gotten the large jar of Vaseline I had put against the window, brought it back  to the table, climbed onto the middle of the table with the yogurt and Vaseline, opened the Vaseline and smeared it (and residual yogurt) all over his face, hair, clothes and surroundings. 

Do you know how to get Vaseline out of baby hair?  I can only share with you what doesn’t work:

  • two latherings of baby shampoo
  • bar soap
  • scrubbing with Dawn (dish soap) twice

This guy was so well waterproofed that, really, it was water off a duck’s back.  The next morning, Dwayne brought him into the shower and washed again.  Today, you can still feel his hair is a bit over-product-ed. 

Today didn’t top that stunt, but not for lack of imagination. 

001

 

                                 Wesley writing on the wall with chalk.  The wall, not the chalkboard he is leaning on.

 

He takes a late nap on Fridays as we are too busy playing hard at playgroup. I put him down when we came home and he briefly 12-16 Wes Messprotested, as he always did, and then was completely quiet by the time I started reading to the girls.  Until 10 minutes later when I heard him trying to get the door open. Uh oh, has he finally learned to climb out of the crib?

 

This kid had climbed up to reach up to high shelf to pull down12-16 Wes mess 2 powder and a water bottle.  He must have first sprayed the powder all over the crib and floor before thoroughly dousing his blankets and teddy bear.  Then he climbed out and attempted a full escape. The worst of it?  No nap today. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

I feel your pain. Henri & Valerie are now working together to wage an assault operation on my house....