Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

Brian's camera 010

Dwayne and I hosted Christmas Eve (our family’s traditional celebration) and Christmas Day.  Since this is the first time I’ve hosted since we’ve had kids, I wanted to start a few new traditions.

 

We decorated the premade Costco gingerbread house. I had been forewarned that the candy quantity was inadequate, so I overcompensated.  It made Kyla and Piper’s eyes bulge and we all joined in the decorating/smooshing.

Brian's camera 006

 

A beautiful candlelit Church service was followed by a gourmet steak and shrimp dinner prepared and served by Mine Truly. Thanks, Dwayne!

Then we got to open presents.  The nine adults each got one gift, but the kids got so many that it took us hours to open.  Each Christmas gets more and more delightful as the kids get older.  I loved it when Kyla would shout out, “I don’t know what it is yet, but I LOVE it!  Thank you!”

Brian's camera 013

 

The adults were gracious enough to allow the girls to help unwrap their own gifts.  These kids were well practiced at ripping off ribbons and paper by the end of the night!

December 2010 012

December 2010 007December 2010 011

 

Here, I just love Piper’s falling ‘do.

December 2010 006

No comments: