Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Genius, I tell you!

….not any of my kids, but this simple contraption.  It’s a ribbon that connects baby’s sippy cup to his high chair or stroller or carseat.  Eventually, the hope is baby can pull up his own dropped sippy cup.  But since Wesley is not there yet, we have found two uses. 

December 2010 117

1) I don’t have to reach further than my knee  to retrieve his dropped (read: thrown) cup.

2) Like a hamster water feeder, Wesley can crawl over anytime and drink from his water bottle. 

For those who’d like to save the $5 this cost at TOP Foods (on one hand, a total ripoff; on the other, my favorite back saver), here’s the break down to make it.

You need:

1) A yard of ribbon and thread

2) A plastic “D” ring

3) velcro

Hopefully the pictures help, but if not, I will try to be more specific if you email me. The long end has a loop in it to attach to the chair/stroller.  The short end has the “hook” velcro at the end and twice the length of “loop” adjacent to that.

December 2010 120December 2010 122December 2010 123

No comments: