Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

The present frenzy continued on Christmas morning.

Brian's camera 023December 2010 021

December 2010 032

 

Christmas is supposed to be about more than presents, of course, and in many ways, more than just about Christ’s birth.  Let me postulate for a moment that if Christ had never been born, or if more evidence that His birth happened during the hot summer, I think we’d still find something to celebrate during cold wintertime.  I believe we need a reason to come together with friends and family and feast, feast, feast as the Whos down in Whoville do.  Christmas is an amazing time to appreciate children’s natural joy…and unnatural sugar highs.  We had such a significant time with both family and good friends this Christmas, that although I am still exhausted, I can’t imagine not celebrating full bore and whole hog.

No comments: