Saturday, November 27, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree

11-27 Piper & Kyla  tree 2

 

We went out to a local tree farm again this year and brought along friends of ours who are about to have their first Northwest Christmas.  It all starts with the right tree.

 

This was not the right tree.  I write this so I remember this next year.  Bypass the Norway Spruce, Denise!

11-26 Christmas tree Daddy

Sure, it’s tall, beautiful, full, and it’s branches are strong enough to hold up anything.  But this spruce put the “needle” into “pine needle”.  Always test-touch the tree before starting to hack it!  I wore gloves to put the lights and decorations on.

But in spite of a little spruce remorse, we had a wonderful time.  Wesley and his friend Oliver shared the stroller.

11-26 Christmas tree Wes11-26 Christmas tree Oliver

 

Piper wore my coat as she was too busy eating her bagels to hear me say (three times) “Remember to bring a rain jacket, Piper!” 

Kyla can’t decide on the perfect tree.

11-26 Christmas tree Piper11-26 Christmas tree Kyla

 

The girls waited until we were on Skype with Grandma and Papa to start these shenanigans.  At least I had my camera….

11-27 Piper tree 211-27 Piper tree11-27 Piper & Kyla  tree

No comments: