Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Homebound

“We advise that drivers stay off the roads today.  If you need to go out, take the bus.”  With the news starting out that way, I decided we should stay home today.  Dwayne and his car, TI (stands for Tropical Island), didn’t even consider staying home, but he made it in safely.  Unfortunately, halfway through the day, Sears decided they couldn’t make it out to repair the dishwasher.  We had to reschedule for Saturday.  I’m glad Mom’s hosting Thanksgiving at her house….

All that blathering to say that it snowed, we stayed, we played.  After lunch, I decided that I could bundle up 3 kids and myself and go explore Wesley’s first snow. 

We started with our scooters, the #111th best snow toy ever.

11-23 Snow day! 008

11-23 Snow day! 005

 

Better than scootering in the snow is climbing trees in the snow!  (Who is this crazy family?)

11-23 Snow day! 009

11-23 Snow day! 010

 

Wesley contemplates tree climbing.  Since he can’t even crawl in this too-big snowsuit, he will have to content himself with contemplation for a long time. (Sus, I was so thankful to find this in the 9-12 months bin!)

11-23 Snow day! 012

 

Finally, Mama had the brainstorm that we should find the sled.  The sled I bought last year when still pregnant with Wes when the snow that was forecasted never materialized.  The sled that the kids will be able to all fit inside far longer than I will be able to pull them.  That sled.

Two thirds of my progeny thought it was a fabulous idea and we explored the entire neighborhood in it.  Thanks, Wesley, for being a good sport anyway.

11-23 Snow day! 014

No comments: