Friday, November 12, 2010

Birthday Reflections

I should have 36 deep thoughts for my 36th birthday, but I have really just two. And they’re not particularly deep.

1) Kids don’t stop fighting, spilling, bonking, kabooming, screeching, or disobeying just because it’s Mama’s birthday.

2)  But because it was my birthday, the girls were positive we needed birthday cake and they needed to help me make it.  The sheer deliciousness of  Hot Fudge Pudding Cake almost cancelled out the extra mess made from having a birthday. Almost.

 

November 2010 004

To rescue the day a bit, Keith (who took a well-deserved week off work) and Julie called to invite me to the zoo with them.  I love the zoo and skipped naptime/quiet time to join Parker and parents at the penguins.

 

Wesley is just getting old enough to really enjoy the zoo for what it is—bigger toys.  He and the siamang (monkey) also spent a good amount of time admiring each other.

November 2010 005

 

The girls like the komodo dragons.  I can’t appreciate that so much, but I do like them stomping on a reptile statue!

November 2010 020

 

Really, did we actually see any animals or did we just play on the exhibit art?   The girls as chimpanzees gag is too obvious here.

November 2010 026

 

 

My stroller (which I love more than just about anything, sometimes including the children).  Wesley’s feet are resting on the top of the lower seat.  Don’t worry, Kyla would never let him fall.  Right, Kyla?

November 2010 035

 

Julie models how going to the zoo should look.  She makes it look easy, doesn’t she?

November 2010 036

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I loooove my P&T too. Mine has 3 flat tires (for going on 2 years now, but I'm not bitter or anything) is that a good enough reason to buy a new one? Pleeeeease?

And, of course Julie looks good - she only has one kid - and he's not mobile yet. :)

Dwayne and Denise Need said...

Yeah, her time will come.

I've had to replace tires at least 3 times since I bought mine used 2 years ago. But that stroller is SO worth it. I love it so much that I will probably keep it until my kids are teenagers. --Denise