Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Maybe I Had Really Low Expectations…

..but I’ve really enjoyed two DVDs we rented recently.  Since I’ve only seen two DVDs recently, I’m really pleased that they were fun ones.

 

How to Train Your Dragon starring Jay Baruchel: DVD Cover

How To Train Your Dragon is probably a cheesy, predictable cartoon about Vikings and dragons, but Dwayne and I were too charmed to notice.   The animation impressed, as well.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time starring Jake Gyllenhaal: DVD Cover

 

Prince of Persia should be much, much worse than it is as it is based on a video game.  Sure, Jake G.’s chiseled chin and abs certainly helped me overlook basic plot indulgences, but this whole movie was just a fun romp. (She’s no slouch, either.)  And if you like to see people run up walls (known as free-running or parkour, to those in the know), then this is the movie to see.  Most impressive is that the sex was limited to a single (and forgotten) kiss, the language held to the “for the love!”-type exclamations, and the violence was plenty, but not bloody. 

No comments: