Friday, December 13, 2019

Gingerbread....Oh, MAN!

[Okay, I promise to catch up from the last 3 months over the weekend, but I have to share my short essay on how I spent my Friday afternoon.]

Gingerbread Man Castration

Once upon a time, a librarian read a story about gingerbread cookies to a kindergarten class.  She then had them trace a gingerbread cutout onto paper on then color it in. Imagine this:



And now slap yourself silly and realize it was more like this.

Today, our heroine (that's me, Mom), got called to help cover kinder and 1st grade library times during Hour of Code--which demands extra hands. But it also gave a little extra time for me to start cutting out those gingerbread kids. And right away, I had my first castration to perform.  And then another. And before I got half through the first half of the stack, a third.  

And that's how I spent my Friday afternoon, castrating gingerbread....boys.  Sigh.

No comments: