Saturday, August 11, 2018

Kyla’s New Teenage Bedroom

Four years ago, we completely redid Kyla’s bedroom.  I loved the calming lavender and white color scheme but Kyla has outgrown it.

8-11 Kyla's room before 1

8-11 Kyla's room before 2

I woke up Saturday morning to Kyla moving everything (“but the bed, Mom!”) out of her room.  She’s my SuperMinimalist, which I love, and even when I thought she had nothing left to get rid of, she dug as deep as she could.  And when the room was cleared of everything, it seemed like an opportune time to repaint to a color she wanted.

8-11 Kyla's room after 2 (2)

It took her about 30 seconds to choose Retro Mint at the paint store, and approximately 2 minutes to confirm her choice.

8-11 Kyla's room after 2

She picked out the gold and white floor-length curtains and bought herself a new, more minimalist side table.

While I’ll admit that this isn’t my style, I can’t help but celebrate her as she finds her own groove.

8-11 Kyla's room after 3

Teenage years, here she comes!

No comments: