Friday, August 31, 2018

Brag: I FIXED the Washer!

IMG_20180830_211011995

I’m giving myself full credit for this fix!  (Though I promise to own it if it breaks next week.) 

With 4 loads waiting in line, the washer yelled at me Wednesday night with lots of beeps and F-51 codes. The owner’s manual was no help, as it just said for any codes to call for repair.  That’s not good enough, Greedy Whirlpool!  (I also calculated that waiting 5-7 days for a $200 fix, plus going to the laundromat was worth the trouble of trying it myself.)

But on Thursday, I did a search and a competent-sounding guy on YouTube came up right away. He had the same code with the exact wash machine, and demonstrated step by step how he fixed it.  

Ideally, I would have had two non-interrupted  hours to work on it, but that’s not how motherhood works.  So 15 minutes here, 30 here, and trading kitchen and bedtime duty for tools, I took the appliance apart, found and cleaned the sensor, put it all together again (correctly, the second time, I admit), reattached the hoses incorrectly, and rinsed my first load in hot water.  But I trouble-shooted my own idiocy and today, did all my laundry!  And the kids sorted and put it all away, because goddesses with these skills don’t sort socks. 

[Insert mad dance moves.]

Hurray for the Internet!

No comments: