Friday, April 5, 2013

Bad, Bad Daddy…Need to Fix Him

We splurged on chocolate bunnies from a Swiss bakery we like on Whidbey Island for the kids’ Easter baskets this year.  When Piper took hers down last week after lunch, she discovered that instead of missing its ears, head, and shoulders as she had left it, the bunny was nibbled down to its feet!

I had the advantage of knowing it wasn’t me, and I hadn’t caught Wesley covered in chocolate lately, so we became very suspicious of a certain daddy.  I confronted him during a double date that night and made it very clear the sanctity of chocolate Easter bunnies and beloved daughters.  But the girls were ready with their revenge.

They made a bait bunny…

4-9 Bunny trick

 

….put it in the cellophane bag the original bunny had come in…

4-9 Bunny trick 2

…and then “hid” it on the fridge as bait for Daddy.  Then Kyla set up an elaborate trap with chairs and blankets to catch Daddy when he tried to steal the bunny.

Fortunately, I was able to distract them with a video so I could remove the trap so that I could actually reach the refrigerator, stove, pots, and dishes.  There’s a reasonable possibility that Daddy would have seen the trap long before he saw the ersatz bunny.  And Daddy apologized to Piper and she cheerfully forgave him.   All’s well that ends with a good trick.

No comments: