Saturday, March 9, 2013

Double Bluff Beach: Family Fun Day!

We’ve heard about Double Bluff on Whidbey Island before we ever put an offer on the cabin, but didn’t visit until today, a gorgeous, non-windy day that may have reached 60 degrees in the heat of the afternoon. I had packed the hats, gloves, and multiple layers that immediately got ditched or drenched, depending upon the child. 
Kyla ditched.
SAM_4587
SAM_4595

Piper drenched.
SAM_4593

















I love this reflection shot.
SAM_4598

She tripped, and is only halfway down in this shot.
SAM_4599

I had to dig in the car to find an old 2T pull-up to  keep her bits somewhat protected under my sweatshirt.
SAM_4660

Once Wesley started waking up, he headed straight to the water. We stripped him while he was still dry.
SAM_4614

Hey Wes, there’s good reason to wear your pants (and underwear) the right way.  Silly boy.
SAM_4634

SAM_4659

SAM_4682

Give Dwayne’s kids some water, sand, and sticks, and they can play until the sun goes behind the bluff and the temperature drops 20 degrees.  Oh, note to self: take out the dead baby crab that Piper put in my jacket pocket.
SAM_4667

SAM_4649
SAM_4672
SAM_4680

We weren’t the only ones having fun.  These guys played for hours on their boogie boards.  I can’t believe my camera caught this shot.
SAM_4609

I so want to do this someday.
SAM_4640

We have a lot more to explore at this park.
SAM_4654

We had to drag this boy out of the water, shivering and chattering. 
SAM_4684

All three in one shot!  I’m a happy mom.
SAM_4686

No comments: