Friday, May 18, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars

Fantastic Book Alert!! 

stars

My friend, and fellow book-clubber, Jen, brought me over a novel today that she had waited for four months on the library hold list.  I am still in the triple-digits on the list, and since she read it quickly, there is still plenty of time before it is due.  I started reading it sometime after 2pm and finished at 6:3opm.  (The kids had quiet time, sandbox time, a bag of Tings, and at least 2 hours of video time—the book was worth it.)  Laughed. Cried.  Fell in love with my own loved ones even more. 

From Nancy Pearl’s Twitter (and if you don’t know this very popular librarian and author of Book Lust, well, I don’t know you as well as I thought I did): 

John Green's The Fault in Our Stars: Awesome. That's it - no plot summary (no spoilers) from me, just my best advice - don't miss it.

I’ve read some John Green before and I like that he’s not afraid to take time to write smart dialogue.   If you are looking for a good read for this summer, put it on hold…last month. 

1 comment:

Brian Kruger said...

I think I've heard Nancy Pear on Morning Edition - her recommendations are always an interesting listen.