Tuesday, February 14, 2012

We Love You, Daddy!

This is what Daddy saw when he came up on the night of Valentines.  Even Wesley, and perhaps I should say, especially Wesley, helped decorate the p0ster.

February 050

 

And this is what we were greeted to when Dwayne came home.

Piper's birthday 094

 

Don’t bother reading this, as it’s just a gripe note to myself.

I thought it was so sweet when Piper was born on February 14th.  It’s turning out to be a bit of a hassle.  Piper couldn’t celebrate her birthday at preschool on her birthday, because the class was too busy celebrating V-Day.  I spent the days before her birthday getting the girls to color and sign valentines for all their classmates and friends, in addition to making treats for the class party (when I needed to make birthday treats for preschool for later in the week), and doing what I could to make Piper’s birthday special on a day when everyone is only focused on Valentines and candy.  (Even the Y had a party in the morning the kids wanted to go to!)  And had I really been thinking about it, I wouldn’t have volunteered to make dinner for a shelter the night before.   But, phew, it’s for another year.

No comments: