Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Ballet

fnI had gotten tickets for a  Fancy Nancy ballet a little while ago, and decided to make them a birthday gift for Piper (knowing we’d take Kyla, too, of course). I thought it would be fun, but I was unprepared for how wonderful it was. 

 

 

 

February 042

By chance, I had gotten 2nd row seats!

[Just as a side note, our YMCA has an adult ballet class on Saturday afternoons. I’ve gone the last two weeks, and really want to keep going with it. I’ve never done anything in my life like this, as I have the flexibility of a marble statue without the grace and beauty.  It is paradoxically a good strength workout and an excellent way to relax for an hour.  When the instructor puts on gay music and we sashay and all sorts of other French things I haven’t caught onto yet, I grin the whole time. ]

February 044I didn’t know that the first half was going to be other ballet pieces.  They played several Disney songs (Heigh-ho, Three Little Pigs, and my favorite, April Showers, to name a few) and had excellent and funny dances.  Then the best of the ballerinas did a piece from Sleeping Beauty (the classical ballet, not Disney).  After intermission, Fancy Nancy: Bonjour, Butterfly was performed, which was fabulous, but not any more wonderful than the other pieces. February 046

 

Kyla and Piper couldn’t stop talking about how wonderful it was.February 049  With Piper in my lap and Kyla holding my hand, we were all transfixed.  They loved the costumes, the dancing, the ballerinas, February 048the music.  If Wesley had been two years older, I would have taken him.

 

 

I can’t stop raving about it (please take your kids to see it, you will love it!), but I can stop typing about it now. 

Sigh.  I need to get the kids back into ballet classes.

Here’s the link:  http://www.evergreencityballet.org/perf-fancy.html

No comments: