Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Rain Held Off a Little Longer

We went to the park after preschool yesterday and after two hours of hard play, the kids had to be put into the car mostly stripped out of their soaked clothes and thrown into the bath as soon as we got home. 

I love how my kids dress themselves.  Aunt Julie, the orange skirt has been such a hit.  I don’t think you meant it to be worn with a plaid shirt and leopard print tights, but somehow, the mud ties it all together, don’t you think?

11-2 Bridge 04111-2 Bridge 042

 

So we went back today and did exactly the same thing with a little tree climbing thrown in.  Still soaked, filthy, and pretty happy.

11-2 Bridge 086

Piper:  Kyla, stop!  You’re on a bridge and Mama needs to kiss you!

 

11-2 Bridge 099

 

The cowboy boots are surprisingly waterproof.

11-2 Bridge 089

 

By the end of the day, I can forget the yelling sessions I had earlier.  “THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I’VE ASKED YOU TO GET YOUR SHOES ON AND I’M NOT GOING TO BE POLITE ANYMORE.  SO PUT ON YOUR SHOES NOW!”

Can you just hear the volume increase?  My kids are getting a happy childhood, not a perfect one!

No comments: