Saturday, November 19, 2011

The ABCs of Piper

IMG_3048

Athletically

Built

Climber

IMG_3051

Amazing

But

Creepy

IMG_3054

Dwayne:

Augh!

Breakable

Closet

Door

I began with an ABC motif because I wanted to tell you this story, until Piper’s spidey senses distracted me.

Last week at preschool, the sound of the week was /i/,  the short sound.  The students try to bring an object that begins with that sound .  Piper and I came up with insects.  (Note to other parents looking for insects in November—try looking in your light fixtures! We founds lots, I’m sorry to report.) 

When I picked the girls up that day after preschool, her teacher whispered to me that when it was her turn at circle, Piper stood up and said in her serious, nodding way, “/i/ is for DEAD BUG.” 

She’ll catch on when she’s four. 

2 comments:

Blessed said...

Love the dead bug story! :)

Erin said...

Hang in there. Carter once brought a Thomas type train for his preschool The teacher took me aside and asked why he'd brought a train when it wasn't T day. I said, "it's the name of the train, check the bottome, it's printed there."