Friday, November 11, 2011

Afternoon at the Farm

A friend and I went to pick up produce at our local farm two days ago..  21 Acres has cooking classes, local produce, goats, and even compostable toilets.  It’s quite the experience! 

Isn’t that gorgeous?

11-9 21 Acres 4

 

Little M (a few months younger than Wes) exploring the “forest”.

11-9 21 Acres 2

 

This very affectionate goat nuzzled my affectionate daughter (Piper, lover of all things animal) right before he grabbed a huge tuft of her hair and pulled.  He gobbled up a hairball before we could do anything about it. If I had that much hair pulled out of my head, I wouldn’t be so tough.  Piper just shrugged it off.  She’s an odd duck, but she is made of stern stuff.

11-9 21 Acres 3

 

This building is a platinum LEAD building, which means it’s about the greenest building in Washington state.  Hence, the compostable toilets. This hill is great for rolling down (sorry, no pictures, but I even rolled down it myself) and even better for running down at full speed.

11-9 21 Acres 5

 

Every farm trip should have some version of the hayride!  Wesley is a great size to play with now, but no longer a baby, so Piper gets her baby fix whenever she can.  Luckily, she’ll get to see cousin Parker soon!

11-9 21 Acres 1

No comments: