Sunday, January 5, 2020

Starting 2020 at the Cabin

We never make it out to the cabin as much as I want to, but after having paying guests regularly these holidays, we finally got to spend the first weekend at the cabin before regular life starts on Monday. 


One of the highlights for me was taking the kids on a walk through the trails at Castle Park.  And when I say "kids", I should clarify that I wound up with only the kids I wanted to claim at the time. Just as we arrived at the park, Dwayne texted me to say he was driving off the ferry and heading toward the cabin. Simultaneously, I asked which kid had brought their communication device (smart phone, flip phone, GPS watch) with them: dead, no, nope.  So I said they couldn't stay at the park while I went for a long walk; they had to come with me.  The girls were fine with it, but Wes began.  Began what?  Began being Whiney Wes.  To the mother that has had No Break from him since we started home schooling, and Extra No Break during the school holiday.  I called Dwayne and said his son was waiting for him in the parking lot, and he should come get him while the girls and I went for walk.  And Wes preferred being abandoned over walking through the forest.  


But my dragonets enjoyed the trails and can make anything into a parkour track. Kyla wears her Halloween dragon horns when she thinks of it, and I love her more for it.  Being wild and feral is part of Piper's nature, and she gave me lots of encouragement for my single pull up I attempt each time we find ourselves at a playground.  

Now that Dwayne was at the cabin, so was our brand new VR headsets.  The cabin is not quite big enough for this, but between us and 3 other families, we had a lot of fun breaking them in. Hm, I meant the sets, but it's pretty easy for a goggled person to hit someone walking by in the close quarters, so we all got broke. 



Luckily, there were cookies, blocks, and Minecraft to offer variety. 

 Oh, I love my cabin.  I wish I could go more often!


No comments: