Saturday, January 18, 2020

Happy Birthday Wes! And Piper! and Taryn!

Happy Birthday, Wes!  My youngest is now double digits, and here's hoping his brain is catching up.  I strongly remember being ten and becoming very aware of my own thinking; so much so that I told myself I may not believe myself when I was older, so I made a deliberate memory that I still keep of how important this age is.  

To celebrate as a family, we prioritized efficiency. Of the 7 "Kousins", 4 have August birthdays* and the other 3 are January/February.  We hosted the Winter birthdays with brunch and birthday cake.  This year, one of the kids suggested crepes, and I found them surprisingly easy to do. We had both savory and sweet, and the kids quickly gobbled up the quart of whipping cream we had. #NotMyMetabolismAnymore

Food only goes so far. The real party is when most of the grown ups left, leaving the cousins to play for approximately 12 hours, and that's only because the two littles have real bedtimes, and so went back to Gramma's.  The girls snuggled up with a movie and the boys loved Legos and Minecraft. 



Dwayne and I got the pleasure of hanging out with Brian and Sandi for the day-- so easy to chat with and just be together

Piper gave Wes the Minecraft creeper stuffed animal she knitted for him. 




Wes and Parker have identical Spiderman guys and hoody jammies--for boys so different (as in Parker has not made his mother seriously reconsider her life choices), they make the most of what they have in common.  Cecily is quite happy to not be them, but can move easily between the boys and the girls.  


Happy Birthday, Winters!  We'll do this again next year. 

*counting Sept. 1 as August 32st, of course

No comments: