Monday, January 28, 2019

Leavenworth-y!


We try to get a 3 day weekend in Leavenworth each winter, and this year, we had Monday off for end of semester, so we grabbed a condo right outside of town for the weekend and headed right into the snow.




Wes found a wheel-less skateboard and he and Piper found a way to play with the "snowboard."



We did my two favorite activities as soon as we got into town Saturday afternoon: walk through the park trails and order at the Ginger Bread Factory.  


The others went back to the house, while Piper and I took some time together to go shopping-meandering downtown.



[And here is how I found out that if I take off my glasses and put on a hat, I am suddenly my mother.] 


In fact, we basically did the same thing on Sunday and then on Monday, walking and eating.  


And by walking, I mean "penguin-ing".







I love these swings--you put your toddle in one and the baby in the other, and push just one swing while the two entertain each other as well.  Brilliant!  I've got two nieces I'm going to try them out with this summer. 


  



Hmmm, looks like we're back to eating again.


 

And when everyone else went inside, SnowBoy stayed outside and played in the hard-as-concrete frozen snow.

We'll be back again, Leavenworth!

No comments: