Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Cousins

I took the kids to the cabin just for one night and we brought Parker along, too. (Hey, what’s one more when you’ve got three hooligans?)

Bedtime did not go that well.  It didn’t take long before I took Wesley out of the bunk room and put him in my bed, where he feel asleep almost immediately.  Piper slept quickly after that, and it took Kyla one bed change and a little longer before she was sound asleep.  Parker, the best sleeper in the whole world, was quietly still awake as it came upon 10 o’clock. I picked him up and rocked him, and it didn’t seem to make a difference.  So I laid him next to a snoring Wesley in my bed.  A few minutes later, I found this.078

 

What a night!  About 2am, Piper came in crying because she had to go potty and couldn’t find the lights (uh, we’re doing a remodel and lights have been moved around).  After we were both back in bed and I was asleep again, Kyla came in to say that Piper was crying that her pillow had fallen on the ground.  It didn’t occur to me until morning that Kyla got up, stepped over the pillow on the way to get me, and had to step over it once more to get back to bed.  Sigh.  And then, well before 7am, Parker, who with his partner-in-crime, is still sound asleep on Dwayne’s side of the bed, wakes up, sits up, and quietly starts cooing happily.  As if a mom can sleep through that.  The girls finally got up, took the boys downstairs, and I pretended to sleep a little longer.

No comments: