Saturday, November 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Dwayne totally outdid himself for my 38th birthday.  He arranged for my parents to take the kids on Thursday afternoon (no school on Friday) and then whisked me away to a surprise location—a spa in Leavenworth! 

Tada!

11-9 Leavenworth 1

 

In addition to a stone-hewed outdoor Jacuzzi, restaurant meals and a 90 minute massage, we had priceless time together, including two full sleep-ins!  Leavenworth is really chilly in November, but since we were between the busy Oktoberfest and Christmas Tree Lighting, it was peaceful and enjoyable.  We went for a 5 mile walk along the river trails and up Ski Hill, drooled over beautiful estates (a shared hobby) and got more exercise together than we have since our snowboarding years.  

It’s simply lovely there, even between post-foliage and pre-Christmas lights.

11-9 Leavenworth 3

 

We made it to the top!  I look 5 months pregnant, but sadly (gladly?), it’s all the Kleenex I have in my pockets for my head cold.

11-9 Leavenworth 9

 

11-10 Birthday

 

 

 

When we returned to get the kids, they were very excited to celebrate my birthday. And it wasn’t just the chocolate-chip-oatmeal cake that made them giddy.  Piper drew me a special picture.

 

 

Scan_Pic0001

This a drawing of me going to the bathroom and yelling. I’m probably screaming, “I need privacy, children!”

Kyla made me a cocoon out of purple yarn to hang on the Christmas tree and composed a “Happy Birthday Special Dance I Made Up Myself” (a video that will remain in the family, but I won’t subject you), and she also drew me some pictures.Scan_Pic0002

I forgot what this is, but I liked how she made it from all three of them.


The next one is easier to interpret:

Scan_Pic0003

Wesley greeting me with a kiss, many hugs, and a simply stated, “I missed you, Mommy.”

1 comment:

Blessed said...

yay! yay! a getaway!