Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Thought I Married a Soccer Guy

Dwayne’s taking better to having a son than he thought. The secret is UFC, a mixed martial arts “sport” he has gotten into these last few years. (Note to brides-t0-be: there was no hint of this great interest before marriage or even the first few years of wedded bliss.)

Dwayne is excited to share this interest with Wesley and decided, after dinner, that Wesley was just the right age to learn a few moves.

Fighting in this corner, undefeated, is Wes! Over here is the underdog, Classic Pooh.

4-28 Wesley 8

Wesley: Uh, Dad, I think I am going to be sick. Nope, it’s just spit up. Sorry, I just ate.

4-28 Wesley 1

Dwayne: Okay, Son, start by getting control of Pooh's back, like this.

4-28 Wesley 4

Dwayne: Now go for a rear naked choke. That’s it, my boy!

4-28 Wesley 3

Dwayne: If he slips out, use your legs to control his movement, roll him over into a leg bar and pull back...

4-28 Wesley 5

Dwayne: ... and he taps!

Wesley: Hey, Mom, is this lesson over yet?

4-28 Wesley 2

Wesley: Pooh, will you forgive me? I didn’t mean to hurt you. It was my dad, you see…

4-28 Wesley 7

Wesley: Zzzzzz.

4-28 Wesley sleeping

No comments: