Saturday, June 20, 2020

Glamping, Episode II: Oregon Family Reunion

Subtext: COUSINS!!

For Fathers Day weekend, we were able to plan a family camping trip. My parents have a camper, Keith's family has a motorhome (which our covetous of partially our own purchase), and Brian's family have a 2-year-old.  The 2-year-old is the antithesis of a camping weekend, so we camped just across the Oregon border at Hudson-Parcher, and Brian and Sandi and girls spent all Saturday with us.  It was such a good weekend!

Dwayne had the brilliant idea of making the tablets stay home.  Kyla and Wes were cheerful enough about it, but....

... Piper pouted the entire 4 hour drive. And I caught her in the back using her blasted FLIP PHONE to watch youtube videos.  Trust me, Dwayne and I were shocked her phone was capable of that, going south on I-5, to boot.

Piper cheered up significantly when her youngest cousins showed up.
\


Jarrod did some heavy lifting this weekend, pushing the kids on the merry-go-round and hours underdogging the hammocks.


The hammocks were a big hit, but I'm too embarrassed about the damage done to the trees to show evidence.  We will use hammocks for contemplative reading in the future, not war games.




 I don't know what these two discussed, but I'm guessing Brian ended up compromising to this cutie.



Here is the elusive Parker, who rarely slows down enough when he and Wes are together that we can get a picture of him.  The power of s'mores!





  


So good to see my family, after so many months! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

“Benjamin was absolutely great to work with. He was extremely clear, thorough and patient as he guided my wife and I through the loan process. He was also very timely and worked hard to make sure everything was ready to go before closing the loan.  
Mr Benjamin is a loan officer working with a group of investors who help us get funds to buy our new home, You can contact him if you want to get a loan at an affordable low rate of 2% RIO   Email Him On . 247officedept@gmail.com    Or  Whatsapp Chat: + 1-989-394-3740