Thursday, June 11, 2020

Bringing Baby Home

In a fit of madness and enthusiasm, we bought an RV!  Dwayne, kindly, graciously, capitulated to my desire to have a motorhome.  And today, we picked her up and brought her home. Her name was only "Baby" until we got her into the driveway.  Now she's missing a first name, but I'm pretty sure her middle initial is "T" for "Trouble".  

We got the red carpet treatment as we got our 2-hour tour and boot camp on our 31'  2018 Entegra Odyssey.




I decided to take point on driving, as the two times we've rented Class C's in the past, I never drove it more than a foot, and part of having this beast is so I can go camping during the week with the kids (and your kids, too, so you can have a break).

This time, I drove Baby all the way home from Fife, singing "On the road again!" at the top of my lungs. (I was alone.)

This is a temporary solution, but we can park Dwayne's car in front so we have at least one driveable car, while mine is blocked in the garage.  Good thing there's a pandemic going on and we don't go out too much....

"Does this driveway make my butt look big?"
Yes, yes it does.  We had hoped to have already started on updating the driveway and installing a pad in the side yard, but we're on Busy Contractor Time.  Which means...by end of summer?  And at twice the cost?  Perhaps. But we are going to have the Most Adventurous Summer regardless!

No comments: