Saturday, August 10, 2019

Lovin'-worth

My wonderful parents organized a family vacation this year by renting an enormous house for all of us: my brothers and me and all our families.   It was 15 of us not exactly crammed into this beautiful house.

It had a darling stream that entertained the kids for hours.

The Cousins, in particular, loved their time together.  From 18 months to almost 13 years, the seven grandkids get along really well. 



The grandkids loved having a week around each other...and Grandma and Grandpa!  Their babysitting services were, ahem, barely abused.

My favorite part of Leavenworth is the interconnected parks and trails by the river.  We played on the toys and walked the paths nearly everyday.  I even went jogging twice (in a week or in a year, it's the same measurement for me!). 



The best part of the park is the water.  We don't have pictures of the 3 hour innertube adventure we did, but all the kids love water.  

 




Dwayne and I explored up Icicle Road one afternoon and discovered a lovely time, scenery, and verification that Icicle is aptly named.  






One afternoon, Kyla, Dwayne and I went over to Ohme Gardens, a literal oasis in hot, arid Chelan County.  I have fond memories of this lush hillside, and Kyla enjoyed taking a hundred pictures of park.  



Of the seven grandkids, 3.5 have August birthdays (Kyla is the .5, with her Sept. 1st date of birth). Julie made cupcakes to celebrate Cecily's 7th birthday.


Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a beautiful week and many new memories!  Wes enjoyed it far more than he enjoys posing for pictures...thankfully.


No comments: