Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Best Christmas Eve Ever

I think our Christmas Eve tradition is to do something different each year (it drives Kyla batty).  But this year was more low-key that usual, so we make plans to go to the Brazilian churrascaria (sha skah DEE uh, at least that’s as close as my English tongue can get) in Bellevue.  We had an early 3pm reservation so we could go to the 5pm candlelight service.  Since my parents were with us, we managed to even show up a little early!

Christmas Eve 10

Christmas Eve 8

This had been on our list for a while—our new thing to celebrate Dad’s birthday is to try a “unique dining” experience.  Last year, it was the medieval Bors Hede Inn, and this year, we decided to treat him to a traditional Brazilian Steakhouse….two months late (Need-time). 

Christmas Eve 6

If you haven’t been to one before, it really must be experienced, so with that, I let myself off the hook of giving more details.  However, I will admit that Fogo de Chao is the nicest churrascaria we’ve ever been.  It was the perfect meat, I mean meal, for everyone!

Christmas Eve 7

But what turned greatness into pure magic was the snow that began to fall halfway through the meal, making the afternoon even more perfect for 6/7ths of us.  Sorry, Mom. 

Christmas Eve 5

Honey, take an ‘elfie!

Christmas Eve 4

My parents karma ran into Need carelessness and, of course, we were 10 minutes late to service.  And coming out, the world was white and wonderful.

A white Christmas is coming!

No comments: