Sunday, April 16, 2017

He Has Risen/We Have Fallen (on our asses)

Easter is usually one of our favorite celebrations; both as a religious ceremony and a huge party Dwayne and I have thrown for family and friends for probably a decade.  This year, on Easter eve we had to text 24 people to cancel everything while two kids were vomiting in the backseat of the car. At 4am, I emailed one of our church pastors that I couldn’t be in the nursery that morning, as one kid and Dwayne were now dog-sick. I was in my PJs until dinner time, as once Dwayne was able to sleep, I didn’t want to disturb him. In between loads of laundry, I packed up the lamb and bread so others could have it at their dinner, as well as the egg hunts we love to do.  Wesley had a hard time staying quiet all day (by “hard”, I mean “impossible”) as he was in a great mood, finally waking up healthy after 48 hours of being miserable. 



No church, no friends, family, feast, nor incompetent adults unable to find their eggs…it was a disappointing and dull Easter for us all. Amber even came up all the way from Oregon to see what all the fuss is about when Auntie Denise throws a spring party!  Now I will have to impress her next year if I can convince her to give me another chance.
 




I guess the bright side is that I can return some Easter outfits to Costco for a full refund.  Ah, well.  One bust after all the fun years isn’t a horrible record.

No comments: