Thursday, October 27, 2016

How is this kid still alive?

His mother must be a saint.

There comes a time in every parent’s life when you have to choose to love your kids or your stuff more.

I choose stuff.

Perhaps you remember how Wesley almost didn’t survive my kitchen table refurbishment last summer.  It was bad, and it turned out I hadn’t fully gotten over it. 

Because when I came home 20 minutes after Kyla and Wesley one afternoon, and saw Wesley gouging my table with a pair of scissors, AUGH!  I still can’t even relive it.

WP_20161013_21_18_28_Pro

I do know that hours later, over dinner, Dwayne was trying to reconcile me and Wesley…and failing.  Wesley offered to vacuum the stairs, pay me $9, or refinish the table next summer.  None of those were either enough or reasonable. 

Wesley and I had to get a place where we could live not being able to make mistakes right again. 

But don’t think I rose above being pissy for a long, long, long time.

And he may want to hope that I’m not put in the position of having to choose between him and furniture.  Because I usually root for the underdog.

No comments: